This is a great hit at a party or potluck ... so colorful! I took this to a potluck at work and it was a big hit!
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas or garbanzo beans, rinsed
- 3/4 cup edamame (frozen works well, simply thaw beforehand)
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries (make sure you check the label as dried fruit is often sweetened with sugars)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp rosemary
- black pepper to taste
- In a small bowl mix together oil, vinegar, sea salt, garlic, cumin, Italian seasoning, rosemary and black pepper. Stir the dressing well and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together chickpeas, edamame, peppers, carrots and cranberries. Toss with dressing and stir to evenly coat.
- Refrigerate salad for at least an hour before serving to let flavors set in.
- Makes approximately 3 1/2 cups.
- Serving size 1 cup.
- Nutrients per serving: Calories: 295, Cal. from Fat: 92.5, Total Fat: 10.5g, Sat. Fat: 1g, Carbs: 38g, Fiber: 8g, Sugars: 10g, Protein: 13g, Sodium: 156mg, Chol: 0mg