I was preparing for a Super Bowl Party and just happened to have two perfectly ripe avocados which is where this recipe began.
- 4 ears of corn or 2 c. of frozen corn
- 1 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 2 medium avocados
- .5 c. thinly sliced red onion
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- .5 c, extra virgin olive oil
- .5 c. packed chopped fresh cilantro
- Zest of a lime
- 2 T. freshly squeezed lime juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Husk the corn and cut the kernels from the cob.
- Heat the T. of olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat and sauté the corn for 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until slightly tender and slightly browned. Transfer to a large bowl. Cool to room temperature.
- Cut the grape tomatoes in half.
- Cut the avocado into ½ inch pieces.
- To make the dressing: in a small bowl, whisk together the .5 cup olive oil, chopped fresh cilantro, lime zest and lime juice. Add a pinch of salt and a few grinds of black pepper.
- To the large bowl with the corn, add the halved tomatoes, diced avocado, red onion and black beans.
- Pour in the dressing and toss gently.
- Add additional salt and pepper to taste as desired.